THE ROGUE READER

OUTLANDISH DISCOVERIES OF A BOOK REVIEWER
Note: I don't get paid or make any money of this site!
Just sharing a laugh as I find funny stuff while reading tons of books for a real book review blog.



Thursday, February 25, 2010

AddictingGames Website

AddictingGames Website.

http://www.addictinggames.com/index.html

This game website has free games for all ages. It is owned by MTV, and Nickelodeon Casual Games is also referenced. The games all divided into categories by type ranging from Action to Shooting to Adventure. One must join/login to access some features, like the ability to review games. But other than that, the games load quickly and you are off!

I was super stoked to discover that most of the games are embedded (you don’t have to download anything for them to work), they load right into the browser. I decided to try a few games that look fun for Tweens.

#1 Potty Racers. (If my boss catches me playing this I will die of mortification).

What a ride! I jumped on my very own port-a-potty and flew down a hill! Sadly the contents of the very full biffy drizzled out the back during the wild ride. I was rated on tricks, speed, and jumps. It was hilarious! On my next run I tried to do a trick and destroyed the outhouse! What can I say, its like living the dream.



#2 Cannibal Cuisine


This game was like being a chef at a sushi bar. Instead of fish though, a large spread of body parts, such as hands, are prepared and laid out. A customer sits in front of you and asks for a meal. In this case..kidney pie. As you move up levels, multiple customers come and you have to manage getting them beverages, preparing and cooking their food. Since I am already at work, playing game felt like hard work. (Wait..thats sort of an oxymoron.)



#3 Tattoo Artist 2


Wow! This game is really well made! First off, I got to choose if I was male or female artist. Then I chose my skill level, then my clients. It was really hard to outline the tattoo’s properly. (As in real life –and yes..as a failed tattoo artist, I do know!). I didn’t even get to fill them in as I did so bad outlining them. I eventually got fired for causing the clients too much pain. I thought that was why they were there. Confused!


#4 Fashion Expo


Since I can’t shop myself due to budget issues (tuition went up), I decided to try this game. I got to choose three female models, then dress them up, put makeup on them, and have a fashion show. It was like playing Barbies!


For Tweens?
There are tons of fun games for Tweens. The only catch is that there are a ton that are so not for tweens. (and would cause a huge problem at a public library computer). I saw (not played!! I know what you were thinking!) games like ‘Spank the Naughty Celebrity’ and ‘Perry the Sneak’ (Who is spying on a showing women in the promo picture) There is a saving grace however. Many of the games are embeddable. You can embed them in a blog of ‘recommended games’ and the Tweens can play them straight from there.

Final Word:
I am too busy gaming. Leave me be.