THE ROGUE READER

OUTLANDISH DISCOVERIES OF A BOOK REVIEWER
Note: I don't get paid or make any money of this site!
Just sharing a laugh as I find funny stuff while reading tons of books for a real book review blog.



Monday, February 8, 2010

Carnival Games: Mini-Golf (Wii Game)

I played a 9 hole round of mini golf today on the Wii, and wow…I did just as good as I do at real life mini-golf. (That means I sucked, but had fun). The first thing I liked is creating and dressing up my character. (There are also custom equipment you can win). Some of the girl outfits are kind of trampy so watch out when playing with little kids. I don’t think this kids game anyway, it might be just a touch too hard for them, on the other hand it might be kind of slow and tame for an older teen…so that makes it just perfect for Tweens!

The second thing I liked were the themed levels. I have got to be honest, Golf is so incredibly boring to me. I see those vasty expanses of grass, and all I can think is how much water is being wasted. Mini-golf is a whole different ball game and this game has done everything right. There are 9 of the themed levels, the range from a ghost/haunted house one, pirates and a cowboy town. There are three holes to each theme. Best of all there are tons of mini-games, and if you pass them..well you go straight to a hole in one! This is a great four player game since Tweens don’t only just get to play with their friends, but taunt them! All you do is shake your Wii controller when another player is taking their turn and your character pops up on the screen, making random noises, in essence to taunt and distract them. That is my kind of mischief! The only thing that a video game can’t replicate is that trick last hole, the one that if you get a ‘hole in one’ you get a free game - I miss that!

For Tweens?
Yes!

Final Word:
I rock at this game!

Carnival Games: Mini-Golf. (2008) [Wii Platform]. Novato, CA: 2KPlay. Rated: E for Everyone
http://www.amazon.com/Carnival-Games-MiniGolf-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001B1W3HA